Published: February 21, 2020
The Auditorium Theatre is seeking a Talent Buyer to assist in the booking of live events and concerts. The ideal candidate will ensure the highest quality experience for artists working with the Theatre as well as have extensive knowledge about the entertainment industry. The role will work with all departments of the organization including Finance, Marketing, Development, Production, and Operations. The ideal applicants will be passionate about arts and live entertainment and make it a top priority to ensure a seamless experience for the artists.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Identify, source, and secure events with agents, artists and artist managers. Respond to, track, and assess the viability of inquiries and potential opportunities, including cold calls. Improve existing relationships and develop new business. Establish and maintain relationships with artist, managers, and agents.
- Strive to establish a music subscription series to attract the new resident population throughout the South Loop.
- Booking calendar management. Track all bookings from request through completion.
- Act as a conduit between agents/artists and internal teams. Set expectations, coordinate deliverables, handle approvals, contract prep, execution, and payment.
- Oversee other booking staff and the division of duties to ensure all booking responsibilities are handled efficiently and accurately including various event rentals.
- Conduct venue walkthroughs with prospective and existing clients.
- Develop offer sheets encompassing all revenue and expense. Oversee and maintain budget accuracy from cost estimates through final settlement.
- Detailed knowledge of the entertainment industry, superior communication skills, strong existing relationships in the entertainment industry.