Published: February 16, 2019
The Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University, one of Chicago’s most prominent and legendary performance venues, is seeking outgoing, friendly, service-oriented, and energetic ushers to join our Front of House Team.
Ideal candidates must possess:
- Previous janitorial or housekeeping experience
- The availability to work a flexible schedule that will include evening and weekend hours on a frequent basis
- Superior attention to detailOutstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional judgment and discretion, along with the ability to work independently
- The ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities, both individually and collectively
- The ability to deal calmly, rationally and tactfully in a creative, quick-paced and sometimes stressful environment
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 60 pounds without assistance
- Ability to operate janitorial equipment and machinery
- Ability to stand, sit, and/or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
Responsibilities will include:
- General cleaning and supply of designated building areas (including but not limited to dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, garbage and recycling removal, restroom cleaning)
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Follow all health and safety regulations
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Phone calls and emails regarding employment are not accepted. EOE.