Price: $ 32 – 137
Running time: 2 hours and 50 minutes
In the News:
- The Royal Ballet returns to Chicago after 37 years (video) -Fox 32 Chicago
- The Royal Ballet’s Carlos Acosta dishes on Don Q –Chicago Tribune
- Dancin’ Feats: A very Royal Engagement –Windy City Times
- Don Quixote: At Kennedy Center, The Royal Ballet flirts with greatness –The Washington Post
- Panache and passion in Carlos Acosta’s Don Quixote: The Royal Ballet in Washington -Bachtrack
Music performed live by Chicago Sinfonietta with a score by Ludwig Minkus.
The Auditorium Theatre closes our 125th Anniversary Dance Season by bringing The Royal Ballet back to Chicago after a 37-year absence. Led by Director Kevin O’Hare, the company will present Carlos Acosta‘s production of Don Quixote, which The Guardian says “rediscover(s) the ballet’s fun” and DanceLondon says “Acosta has done a fine job in giving The Royal Ballet’s (Don Quixote) a completely new lease on life.” The company makes their Auditorium debut during a three-city tour of the U.S. that includes The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
PRINCIPAL CASTING (Kitri and Basilio)*
- Thursday, June 18: Marianela Nunez, Carlos Acosta
- Friday, June 19: Sarah Lamb, Federico Bonelli
- Saturday, June 20 – MATINEE: Akane Takada, Vadim Muntagirov
- Saturday, June 20 – EVENING: Iana Salenko, Steven McRae
- Sunday, June 21 – MATINEE: Natalia Osipova, Matthew Golding
*All casting is subject to change.
Additional support provided by the Elizabeth F. Cheney Foundation.
Saturday evening performance made possible through the generosity of Helen Hall Melchior. Sunday matinee performance made possible through the generosity of Patti Selander Eylar.