• Daniil Simkin and Maria Kochetkova (American Ballet Theatre) – Pas de deux from Marius Petipa’s Don Quixote
• Daniil Simkin (American Ballet Theatre) – Ben Van Cauwenbergh’s Les Bourgeois
• Daniel Ulbricht and Megan Fairchild (New York City Ballet) – Pas de deux from George Balanchine’s Tarentella
• Solomon Dumas (Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater) – Robert Battle’s Takademe
• Viengsay Valdés (Ballet Nacional de Cuba) and Brooklyn Mack (The Washington Ballet) – Pas de deux from Marius Petipa’s Diana and Acteon
Plus The Joffrey Ballet’s Victoria Jaiani and Temur Suluashvili, Dutch National Ballet, Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, Mariinsky Ballet, MOMIX, Parsons Dance, and The Suzanne Farrell Ballet.
2017 Annual Fall Gala
Honoring Sonia Florian of the NIB Foundation
Honorary Co-Chairs: Suzanne Farrell and Edward Villella
Join us to celebrate the Auditorium Theatre and the presentation of the Adler and Sullivan Award honoring Sonia Florian’s lasting contributions to the arts and the National Historic Landmark Auditorium Theatre.
The Gala will begin with a reception, dinner, and award presentation at The Standard Club followed by a performance commemorating the golden anniversary of our grand re-opening with a one-night-only celebration of dance, featuring a mixed repertory program with dancers from Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, American Ballet Theatre, Dutch National Ballet, Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, The Joffrey Ballet, the Mariinsky Ballet, MOMIX, New York City Ballet, Parsons Dance, and The Washington Ballet — plus more to be announced!
This event memorializes the evening that the gloriously restored theatre re-opened in 1967 following a 26-year closure, when opening night patrons were treated to an unforgettable performance by New York City Ballet. Celebrate the past, present, and future of the Auditorium Theatre with this once-in-a-lifetime evening!
Sunday, November 12, 2017
The Standard Club
320 S Plymouth Court
4PM — Cocktail Reception
5PM — Dinner and Award Presentation
6:45PM — Trolley transportation to the Auditorium Theatre
50 E Congress Pkwy
7:30PM — A Golden Celebration of Dance
Black Tie Optional
Tickets and Tables:
Tables of ten: $25,000, $15,000, $10,000, and $6,000
Individual tickets: $600
Associate Director of Individual Giving
312.341.2364 or email@example.com