Live performance provides the unique opportunity to share a moment in time with both the performers on stage and your fellow audience members, creating unique memories that last well beyond the time spent in our theater. Don’t miss these opportunities to engage with Auditorium Theatre’s performances the next time you come to visit!
Become an ADMIT ONE Partner
Do you belong to—or know of a Chicago neighborhood group that wants to experience world-class dance and music at one of the most legendary stages in Chicago? Apply online here to become an Auditorium ADMIT ONE Partner and spark your community’s connection with the performing arts!
To apply, simply answer a few short questions about your group and why you want free or reduced price tickets to attend Thodos Dance Chicago (MAR 11) or Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater (MAR 22-26). As a partner, your group will also have access to other opportunities, including:
- The chance to explore Thodos Dance Chicago’s 25 year history, to investigate the process Alvin Ailey and other dance artists use to create choreography reflective of their communities, and actively create dance during Auditorium-led workshop(s) in your community.
- VIP treatment in the Auditorium lobby before the performance.
Is your group eligible?
- Is your group based in a Chicago neighborhood community? (Unfortunately, K-12 schools are not eligible at this time, but after-school groups are encouraged to apply!)
- Can you organize a group of 20 or more people (ages 5+) to attend Thodos Dance Chicago or Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to both of the questions above, then apply here! Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received, and no applications submitted after Friday, February 24 will be considered for our presentation of Thodos. No applications submitted after Friday, March 2 will be considered for our presentations of Alvin Ailey. The Auditorium will confirm receipt of your application within three business days. Recipients will be notified no later than March 3 for Thodos and March 10 for Alvin Ailey!
The Auditorium ADMIT ONE program is intended to benefit Chicago residents—youth, families, adults, and seniors – who have limited access to attend live performances at the Auditorium Theatre. Preference may be given to groups who have never been to the Auditorium before.
Depending on gifts made to the Auditorium ADMIT ONE Fund, the Auditorium hopes to send Partner groups to other presentations this season. Workshop availability is limited and will be awarded based on interest and demonstration of need, at the discretion of Auditorium Theatre.
Too Hot Poetry Contest
Celebrating MLK’s vision of the beloved community, we invite 3rd-12th grade students across the city to enter a poem, 3 to 12 lines in length, focusing on: “When is community?” OR “What does ‘beloved community’ mean to you?” Learn More
Family Fun Day
Auditorium Theatre’s 3rd Annual Family Fun Day – Making the Magic!
Thanks to all who made Family Fun Day 2016 a success. Hope to see you at next year’s Family Fun Day event!
Here is what families said about the 2015 event:
- “This was a very nice event- and great that it was free too! Thank you!”
- “Thanks for the fun day – we look forward to the next one!”
- “Thank you for opening the doors so we could get to know the theatre!”
- “Thank you for providing this opportunity to everyone – including people who are underprivileged like myself and my kids.”
Post Show Q & A
Join us immediately following select performances for a 20 minute post-show Q & A session. The Auditorium Theatre Creative Engagement staff guides the conversation as performers and artistic staff from the presenting company answer audience questions about their work.
Dance Theatre of Harlem: Sunday, November 20 (following 3PM Matinee)
Too Hot To Handel: Sunday, January 15 (following the 3PM Matinee)
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre: Saturday, March 25 (following the 2PM Matinee)
Eifman Ballet St. Petersburg: Sunday, May 21 (following the 3PM Matinee)
Art challenges us to engage, to question, and to dream. The Get Inspired table, present in the Auditorium Theatre lobby for most performances, encourages audience members to share their response to the various works of art that make up our season. Feeling inspired by the music you just heard? Can’t stop dreaming after seeing that beautiful dancing? Stop by before a show or during intermission to add your thoughts and see what fellow audience members are talking about! Then take your inspiration to social media by sharing your contribution on Twitter or Instagram using #AudInspiration.
Click Here for more information on touring our historic landmark theater.